Hello, and welcome back to Cool Things in Minecraft!
We are going to make a Fast Boat Elevator! 1. You will need to find a clear space 2. Get your tools together: For an elevator that goes 5 blocks high, you will need: 6 cobblestone blocks, 7 glass blocks, 1 ladders, 1 rails and 1 mine cart. 3. To start, make a pillar 5 blocks high. On the forth block, place 1 ladder like shown:
4. Place another block on the top of your pillar, and make a 3 by 3 glass ring around the block above the ladder, so that the ladder is the center of the ring like so:
5. Place a block in the center of the ring, and place 1 rail on it like so:
6. place a minecart on the rail and then break the block underneath the rail.
7. For the next layer (wich I will not be showing sorry!) make the same mechanism but 4 blocks higher than the first layer instead of 5. 8. To have it work, stand under the minecart, and hold down the right mouse key. You will be up to the top in no time at all!! You should make a water source next to your elevator so you can jump down, or you will be stuck at the top! 9. Here is a movie link to show you how to make it: http://youtu.be/44tH_L4TfEE
I think we will start with how to make a cannon.
1. You will need to find a clear space like this one:
2. Get your tools together. For a short range cannon, you will need: 1 bucket of water, 22 cobblestone blocks, 1 cobblestone slab, 7 redstone, 2 levers, 4 redstone repeters (optional), and, depending on the length TNT. The cobblestone can be anything which is also has a slab form, like sandstone, or bricks.
3: Make a U shape that has a 1 block gap in the middle, which, depending on how far you want it to go, you can make 3 blocks to 8 blocks long, and place a slab in the end of it like so:
4. Make another layer to the shape, but don't put the blocks over the slab or the two blocks next to it. Also, add a block to the back of the shape as well. this is where the lever goes if you want one. A good substitute is 4 redstone repeters instead of a lever.
5. Place the bucket of water at the end of the shape, so the water flows in the direction of the slab. Now for the redstone! Place the redstone on the top layer, except for the bit at the end, where you will put the lever to start the cannon. Place a second lever on the bottom right next to the slab. Copy the picture for more help.
6. Load with TNT over the water and the slab. Once you click the switch at the back, wait 2 seconds, then click the other lever.
5 (optional). Instead of using a second lever to activate the TNT above the slab, you can use redstone repeaters. you will have to make a 4 brick extension to the side with the lever and the ledge above it, and place redstone on the higher one and one down on the far right, and then add the repeaters on full tick. this will make a two second delay. Here is a picture to help understand what I am saying.
I hoped this helped you with building a cannon. If you need any more help, look at this video